Friday, July 21, 2006

I swear, we'll have the prime of your life
I won't pull too hard, on your tender scars
I could be ready to receive you
In time
I could touch you, with something not borne of strife
And I can move you past, this point in your life
We can put away our childish things

I can give you kids
I can make your dream live
I can live in you
It won't die
If you let my whispers abide
I know you listen to the wind blow
It blows every which way and that
It makes you run every which way and that

I'll bear you up, with the youth of my feet
And you won't have to run anymore
It's been a long race, this life
You've had your victories, in silence
Retire now from the cold
My warm body lies next to you

You can laugh, because the world has been foolish
For the men you've known, saw little in themselves
As they looked into you, to find themselves
And you can laugh, because the world found themselves laughing
In their own reflection
But if a man should look into your grace, seeing beyond the veil
He would find himself valiant, to be caught in your throws

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still some words hard to get but great in essence.

Yo