Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Held together
Like a conglomerate
Her hair
Stuck up high on her head
Thick as a web
Spun by a tireless spider
It trickled down
As her face hung low
To kiss a book

Her eyes
Like stars
Shining out from a nebulous
Fixated on the margins of a book
And the straight lines
That could never be her hair

If she would shake it out
Galaxies would expand
In every direction
Spiraling
Like the curls that want to be handled
Like every third dimension
They seek to touch

If she would let me touch it
I would hold the sands of creation
Like atoms that combine to form
Every living thing of substance
Which stands for every thing of beauty

I whispered to you
I told you it was beautiful
And I loved it, I really did
Let me search through the numberless sands
That have hidden the countless questions
Of who you are
To find the strands that have ultimately defined you

And I
With your hair in my hands
Holding the root
Of all your beginnings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed.

Unknown said...

That was beautiful...