Sunday, August 21, 2005

I'm going to do something
With my life
And every child can have the passion
Of possibility
Such that every tear that's shed
From the time of infancy
Can be wiped
And opened anew

And every time I open up
I see the stars
I can't be bothered with the bars
Of oppression
I have this cause
Of obsession
If I'm free
I can fight
And at night
I'm on my knees
Until satisfied
Rivers of passion
Cannot subside
I'm approaching high tide
I swear this is the time of my life

That's why I'm crying tears
And I can't be understood
With this useless language
That only speaks relative facts
But if I look at the facts
I'm running and never turning back
For these odds
And the chances I get
Look like policies of convention
And even the whispering winds
Always seem to blow the same direction
But don't cover your ears now
I'm putting these bubbles to the wind

No comments: