Thursday, September 08, 2005

If I am once lost
I am ever lost
If faith can be shattered
Then what is it that has been wished for?
"They say it's going to take me some time,
How long do time take"

Pulling on time
Like a child yanks on daddy's arms
Because I want to be held
Even though I can't grasp it
When the sands of the hourglass
Come pouring down on my head

And Father Time the Peerless One
Who needn't speak
Only reflect the clear vision
Of a grand polished mirror
And the uncanny perspective
Of the path I tread
And the footsteps that trace back
To the quicksands
Of this time
Of errors
And mistakes

And then he pushes me back
To the minus world
The past
Further back
He wants me to be a child again

But when men
Even those who toll the bell
Push you down
And refuse your answers
Or pleadings
Then the err of ways
Tolls better for the sinner
Than the prodigal son

No comments: